2023 Show Features
The Committee is in the process of organising a great line of Entertainment for our Patrons
Zack Walsh is this year's Friday Night Live Entertainment sponsored by Woolnorth Renewables
Dog High Jump Competition
This year, Rural Youth Tasmania will be holding a Dog High Jump Competition at the Scottsdale Show. Come along and watch these amazing dogs test their abilities scaling up and over a wall obstacle. Great viewing for the whole family.
Times for Dog Jumping Competition
Saturday 10.30am, 11.30am and 1.00pm
Saturday 10.30am, 11.30am and 1.00pm
Animal Nursery - Sponsored by Greenham Tasmania
Our Animal Nursery is a special place to visit for the whole family. You can interact with the cute baby animals and see how amazing nature can be. In the nursery there will be calves, guinea pigs, goats, ducklings and lots more and of course, our Chicken Breeders will be showing off their best birds and Rabbits.
Pet Parade-This is not just for children, the Society has added an Adult Class making it more fun for the whole family. The Pet Parade will be held on Saturday morning outside the Animal Nursery staring at 10.30am. No need to have an entry form, just came along and register beforehand. A great way to show off and be proud of your beloved pet.
Please Note: The Nursery will be open early on both days but will be closing around 8.00pm so the stewards can attend to the animals. Sorry to cause any inconveniences.
Other Thrilling Performing Acts that will be at the show
More details at a later date
The Scottsdale Show offers lots more to see and do.
(this is currently being upated for 2023)
- Eddie Freeman will be creating a chainsaw masterpiece for us all to watch and see how it is done. Silent auction will be held during the show to bid for one of his sculptures, visit the Show Office for more details. Come along and check out Eddie at work, you will be amazed. Friday only from 9am to 2.00pm.
- Family Entertainment over the two days of the Show.
- Face Painting will be free to patrons on both days in the Stadium.
- Rural Ambassador 2023 - application form available soon.
- New name changes and classes have been added to our favourite event at the Show. Rural Show Boy 6-12 years, and Junior Rural Ambassador 13-18 years which is open to all teenagers. Master Rural Tot and other classes will be held on Saturday in the Football Club Rooms starting at 11.30am sponsored by Bridestowe Lavender Estate. Register on Saturday morning between 10.15am - 11.00am at the show office. Judging at 11.30am
- Attention Goat lovers, Boer, Dairy and Miniature Goats breeds will be featuring on Saturday.
- On Saturday, there will be Yard Dog Trails starting early in the morning. Sponsored by The Roach Family.
- Rural Youth Tasmania will be holding Dog High Jump Competition on the Saturday.
- Chopping on Saturday with a full program.
- There will be a variety of trade stalls for you to purchase that special gift and sample the famous show food we all enjoy and love.
- Snake Display
- Scottsdale Show Equestrian events will be held on both days and these events are known to be one of the best in the state.
- Our two Pavilions will house; Home crafts, Arts and Crafts, Photography and Trade so there will be heaps to look at from the wonderful blooms of the North East to gifted cooks, talented needle workers and of course our inspired artists and photographers.
- And don't forget about our Stock Classes - Cattle Handlers, Dairy, Beef and Prime Cattle and Lamb, Rabbits, Guinea Pigs and Poultry.
- Pet Parade, children and adults starts at 10.30am on Saturday. Please Note: Must register your pet beforehand at the Animal Nursery.